Sunday, May 11, 2008

Things I want to blog about

So I've been meaning to blog about the following things:
  • Why you should never get into a bed with me. (I kick, talk, cuddle violently, attempt to kill, etc.) There are stories.
  • How much I hate clogs. (again)
  • My plans for summer picnics
  • My plans for summer in general
  • Food
But the thing is...with the breakup and the end of the semester and everything else, it's been really hard to get going on writing about the things I want to write about. Which sucks. And while 20 Questions is entertaining, it's not really writing.

My last class is on Tuesday, and I have to spend tomorrow continuing a paper on Chaucer that I started months ago. Then I have ten days to read over Paradise Lost, various works of poetry, and Frankenstein. (Actually, I'm almost done with Frankenstein. About six pages to go.) Then I have my final and I am free for 2 glorious months. Wee!

Actually, speaking of Frankenstein: This is the first time I've ever read it and it is surprising in many ways. First of all, the Monster I think of is not at all the Monster in the book. When I think of Frankenstein's monster I think of a bumbling, zombie-like creature who shouts things like, "FIRE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!" The monster, is, in fact, very agile and well spoken. What became "FIRE BAAAAAAAAAD!!!" started out as "In my joy I thrust my hand into the live embers, but quickly drew it out again with a cry of pain."

Not quite the same thing.

There are also other discrepancies between the story I knew of growing up and what Mary Shelley actually wrote. There is no Igor. Igor does not exist. At all. Not even a little bit.

Oh and also? The Monster is yellow. Not green.

So yeah, my mind? She is blown. ♦DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves