Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Holy Crap! I'm ALIIIIIIIIIVE!

So, yeah...I completely dropped off the face of the planet (okay, fine...just dropped the blog), but I can explain! I really can!

Work, basically, has been a zoo and on TOP of that - our Internet is down at home. So no blogging. See? Told you I could explain. (I win!)

Moving on...

Though Bushwick is not always the safest neighborhood, I am lucky enough to have a police station right down the street from my apartment. There is also a parking lot about a block away where they keep the police cars and I'm just dandy with it. On my way to work the other day, while passing the parking lot, I saw that not everyone is as thrilled with the police presence as I am:


Fuck Pigs. Isn't that lovely? It's literally right outside of the parking lot. I have to give the vandal credit, that takes balls.

In other news - YESTERDAY WAS MY BIRTHDAY! Hooray! I am now officially in my mid-twenties and that is relatively terrifying. I'm not against getting older, it's not something I can get around exactly, but the label scares me. "Mid-Twenties." How the hell did that happen? My present to myself this year was...bum bum bum!...
The gift of sight! Baby got a new pair of spectacles! My prescription had not been changed in about four years and being able to see again is really fucking WEIRD. I'm also having these fun depth perception problems which will pass, but these things are taking some getting used to. Please feel free to use the comments section to tell me how much you love my new glasses and how pretty I am.

Also - Also - Also - I finally tried Artichoke Bassile Pizza last night. I had the signature slice which was amazing, but a little too rich for my tastes. It's most certainly a share with a friend kind of snack. My pal M, who was nice enough to treat me to a birthday slice, likened it to a flat bread bowl,. I was reminded of a really good spinach artichoke dip and bread sticks. Something you can only eat so much of. I plan on going back and trying one of their tamer slices, but am disappointed that I didn't try this place sooner. I keep seeing reviews that say this place was a lot better when it first opened. I guess I'll never know.

But I'm alive! And blogging again! Happy, Garlic? ♦DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves