Saturday, January 03, 2009

WOOOOO

YEAH! Happy New Year!

Sorry for disappearing for a little while in there. I can explain:

I don't own a computer. Yeah. I know. Lame.

My roommates computer? Died for a little bit in there.

My mom's computer? Well, the computer is fine. The monitor broke. Blogging without a monitor is hard.

And work? Well, work decided that busy work was better than no work and being caught blogging would mean the ax. After almost five years. Awesome.

So mostly? I'm sorry.

My life hasn't changed that much...

I wish I had something exciting to blog about. I will, in a night or two, when I remake an amazing meal that I made up a couple of weeks ago and want to recreate. In the meantime I will post a meal that I made recently that two years ago made Seth fall in love with me more than he already was. (Which is my favorite because it is SO FUCKING EASY)

Please keep in mind that I am bad about recipes and tend to cook the way I was taught:

Roasted Potatoes with Sauteed Spinach and Sausage

Take as many potatoes as you think you will eat. As long as they aren't baking potatoes, it doesn't matter. On the high end you have your baby yellows or reds. On the low end you have whatever is not a baking potato at your ghetto local super market.

Preheat the oven to 345.

Chop them up into tiny bitesized pieces. Put your cut potatoes in a bowl with enough olive oil to coat them, a generous amount of salt, some fresh pepper, fresh rosemary* (No really, include the rosemary, it makes a difference), and whatever else you have around that you think will taste good. Mix everything around until the potatoes are coated in delicious randomly spiced goodness, put them in a baking dish, toss a couple of full garlic cloves on top, and stick it in the oven for at least 45 minutes.

Every oven is different, my oven runs cold so these potatoes can take over an hour. It sucks. Check them after 45 minutes and if they are done, congrats! Your oven rules! If they aren't, then wait a while.

About 20 minutes into potato cooking, take a package of spicy italian sausage and cook them in olive oil until done. I have never found the cooking instructions for sausage to do me any good, so look it up on the internet and improvise from there. You should come out with crispy outsides and awesome insides. (I wish I could do better at explaining this, but cooking sausage seems to be a science that eludes me.)

When the sausage is done remove to a plate and cover in foil.

Throw a bunch of washed spinach (NOT FROZEN) into the sausage pan, cook until it seems like far too little, along with some more salt and pepper.

Serve sausage on top of spinach with roasted potatoes on the side. Marvel at the reaction you get.

If you need help, let me know and I will be more than happy to come over and recreate this. I know exactly what I'm doing when I cook it, writing about it is a different story.

UPDATE: Ducky - writing this made me realize that I owe you a casserole. Please e-mail me to work out a time. ♦DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves