Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Portland, here I come!

I am on my iPhone again, which makes posting complicated, but I have not updated in about a week now, so I thought I would check in. As I mentioned in the subject: I'm off to Portland! (Oregon, not Maine, in case you were wondering.)

Four years ago I spent about six weeks out there and I absolutely loved it, even if it was the inspiration for the very first "I hate clogs" post. I'm excited to see Vicky, her new apartment and my friends, some of whom I haven't seen since my last visit. Mostly I'm excited about going on vacation. I desperately need it.

Things I learned today:

I could have gotten to the airport a lot quicker if I actually looked at the map. There was no reason for me to go all the way to the bottom of Brooklyn from the upper east side. Oops.

Wearing an "I Love New York" shirt while dragging a giant suitcase all over the city is a stupid idea because people think you are a tourist and I am NOT a tourist. Thankyouverymuch. Hermph.

My grandmother reads this. Hi Gammy! ♦DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves