Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tax Season is over and my mother is a wonderful person.

Before I start, here are a couple of things you should know about me:
1) I am a HUGE procrastinator.
2) My mother does my taxes.

Kay?

K.

So last night I went to my mother's house with the last of my tax forms to get everything finished up by today. April 15th. The deadline.

There was only one small problem: someone had accidentally thrown out my W-2. Awesoooooooome. I got a new one today, and got my taxes done, but not until about nine this evening. (Thanks MOM!)

So I was one of those assholes you see on the news every year, up at the big post office in midtown, trying to get their taxes postmarked by midnight. Luckily, I got stamps before heading up there and was not forced to wait on line for hours. Woot.

Oh! And we (and by "we" I mean "my mom") worked out that I owed the New York State government money. Which was terrifying because, holy crap, I am perpetually broke. Guess how much I owed them. Come on...guess!


$11.27.

Can you imagine getting your balls busted over eleven dollars and twenty-seven cents? Eff that. ♦DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves