Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Breaking up is hard to do

For now I'm not going to go into detail about it, but Seth and I broke up on Saturday. It sucked and it still sucks, but it could have gone a lot worse. Most breakups don't end with burgers and high fives. Ours did. Which is great, but we're still broken up and I'm still bummed about it.

I'm thankful that I have a lot of good friends who have been great to me these past few days. Encouraging me to go to brunch instead of moping around the house, listening to me bitch and whine, buying me snacks, distracting me, etc. My friends are a good group which is why I've kept them around so long.

Right now I am in a relatively grumpy mood because the "change personal appearance" phase of the breakup failed miserably. When I broke up with B (I mentioned him in this post) I immediately took a pair of kitchen scissors and chopped all my hair off. (Granted, that had been a pretty hard year: lost my father, broke up with the first guy I ever loved, almost had to repeat senior year...September 11th...The list goes on and on) So I felt that breaking up with someone who you honestly thought you would marry one day (i.e. Seth) would warrant some sort of image change, even if it was only temporary. So I bought some black hair dye. (Sometime last week I decided that if Seth and I broke up I would dye my hair black because...yeah, I might still be fourteen [at least I didn't rush out and buy "Crimson Glow." If you know what that's from I will love you forever]) Shitty shitty black hair dye which did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO MY HAIR. So I wasted $7 and 20 minutes of my time and I am annoyed annoyed annoyed. I was really excited about being able to say things like "My hair is in mourning" or "It matches my heart." But no. Nothing happened.

So now I maybe have slightly darker hair and will most likely try again with a stronger (but still semi-permanent) formula sometime in the not too distant future.

Grumble.

(But hey! Look at me! I'm blogging again!) ♦DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves