Thursday, April 03, 2008

An update of sorts

I do want to update. I'm sitting at the computer thinking "What the hell am I going to write?" And only one thing has occurred to me, so here it is:

I recently discovered that two of my uncles and one of my aunts are on Facebook. I am not friends with them, and neither are their children. My aunt has one friend and the uncles each have a handful including Seth. (Which I think is funny because, awww, Seth likes my family and vice-versa! Yay!) I don't think I am going to become Facebook friends with them because there are far too many pictures of me on there doing, um, let's say "unladylike" things. (These things include but are not limited to: playing a drinking game in my bra, my first experience with a beer bong, grabbing my own boobs, and drunkenly kissing two of my best friends. Did I mention being drunk? Because...yeah.) Needless to say, these are not things my uncles and/or aunt need to see.

But the real question for me is: Why are they on there in the first place? We are talking people in their 40s and 50s here. Are they networking? Trying to keep up with youth culture? Spying on their children? Bored? I am honestly curious. I do not understand. Hell, I don't even understand why I'm on Facebook half the time. (Actually, that isn't true. I am on Facebook so I can find people I went to elementary school with and say things like, "I knew she would be a lesbian!" or "YOU GOT SO FAT. HA HA HA!" Because I'm a bitch like that.)

So can anyone explain to me why they are there? Does anyone else have older family members on Facebook? Is up down and left right? I need answers! ♦DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves