Monday, December 10, 2007

New York City has the best people watching in the world.

I spent all day Saturday and all day Sunday sitting in Union Square and here is a sampling of what I saw and some people I met:

-A man with no fingers (he had thumbs) listening to headphones and rocking out on air guitar.

-Three women with only one leg.

-A tiny TINY midget working at a hot dog stand. He was child sized with a beard.

-I spoke to a teenage boy who could do the most magnificent impression of Harvey Firestein. Apparently he did a piece from the Vagina Monologues using that voice and wearing a grey wig...IN FRONT OF HIS HIGH SCHOOL. I loved him.

-A man came over and told me the "true story" of rats and rabbits in the Bronx eating toxic waste and growing to astounding proportions. He also told me that a movie called "FRUIT OF THE GODS" was based on this event, but I just searched IMDB and apparently it doesn't actually exist. I am sad.

-One man with no legs.

aaand (my favorite): An Asian, transsexual, burn victim.

I love New York.


UPDATE: The movie is called "FOOD of the Gods" and it sounds amazing.

"Morgan and his friends are on a hunting trip on a remote Canadian island when they are attacked by a swarm of giant wasps. Looking for help, Morgan stumbles across a barn inhabited by an enormous killer chicken. After doing some exploring, they discover the entire island is crawling with animals that have somehow grown to giant size. The most dangerous of all of these, however, are the rats, who are mobilizing to do battle with the human intruders."
-From IMDB

I need to watch this movie immeadiately.

Also - it's based on a novel by H.G. Wells, not the true story of a toxic waste dump in the Bronx.

And there's a sequel! GNAW: Food of the Gods II:

"A growth hormone experiment gets out of hand, when the the resulting giant man-eating rats escape, reaking havoc on the unsuspecting campus. Much blood-letting follows."
-From IMDB

Movie marathon, anyone? ♦DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves