Thursday, December 27, 2007

No Bruises

So I did not end up going to ride the mechanical bull. This is probably for the best. I doubt I would have been able to walk today. And my exhaustion ended up getting the better of me today which resulted in me sleeping until almost eleven. I was supposed to be at work at 9:30am. Oops.

This weekend Seth and I are going to Boston for my uncle's 50th birthday party. I'm looking forward to it but am a little worried that Seth's head might explode once confronted with about five gazillion people who have known me since I was born. I hope his head doesn't explode, I'm fond of it.

I realized this weekend how awesome/odd my family Christmas traditions are. I always sort of assumed that everyone had the same sort of Christmas. I was mistaken. Seth had never before witnessed the wonders of lighting a plum pudding on fire and then singing to it. He had also never experienced my mother climbing to the top of our stairs, looking out at the Christmas tree and saying, "Well, I do believe this is the prettiest tree we have ever had." I just learned that this is a tradition passed on by my great-grandmother. I think it's a nice one and I plan on passing it on to my children should I ever have any. I also think it's true. No matter how ridiculous it looks, the current Christmas tree is always the best looking because it's the one that's going to hover over your presents on Christmas morning. Actually, this year it really was true. Our tree was bigger, fuller, and less ridiculous looking than it has been in years. It is a truly magnificent evergreen.

On that note, I am going to go cook some dinner. Oh, and Tigerlily, incase you are wondering: I'm having perogies.


OH - Speaking of cooking! I got a SALAD SPINNER for Christmas and I am so excited that I no longer have to shake off or smush my lettuce with paper towels. I'm embarrassed by how excited the Salad Spinner made me, but I don't care. I'm in love with it. And at least it's not a Salad Shooter.

KBYE

Edit: Okay, so dinner is actually popcorn shrimp from Popeyes and rice and beans from the place on my corner.

I'm tired :( ♦DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves