Friday, December 07, 2007

Xaaaaaaaaanadu....



My friend Christina called me yesterday afternoon and said, "I have two tickets to a Broadway show, do you want to go?"
"Which show?" I asked.
"Xanadu."
"Hell to the yes."

Oh my God. It is so shiny and campy and gay and there are roller skates and approximately a million disco balls and they give you glow sticks and the ushers wear wigs and the male lead is really cute. So...basically...I loved it.

Also - Jackie Hoffman is in it
Look at that face. How can you not love that face? And she's been in everything. The cast was tiny and pretty much everyone was double cast and it was so funny. They made fun of themselves, Broadway, Olivia Newton John and Greek mythology.

I'm going to have Xanadu stuck in my head for weeks. It was the first thing that popped into my head this morning after, "Grumble...I don't want to wake up."

Xaaaaaaaaaaaanandu....lalalala Xaaaaaaaaaaaaanaduuuu...in Xaaaaaaanaaaaddduuuuuu...
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves