I need to get very very rich very very quickly and go back to Nevis. The food! The pools! The beach! THE FOOD. Oh...and I saw a monkey. Wait...Two monkeys!
For starters - here is where I stayed on Friday and Saturday nights:
Uh huh. Here's the website: www.montpeliernevis.com
Go poke around a bit. I'll be here.
Done? Okay...let me tell you about the trip, the food, etc.
On Thursday Night we (my friend Matty and I) arrived in Nevis and within approximately five minutes decided that four days was not nearly enough time and we had to come back immediately. It was absolutely amazing. I ate some of the best food I have ever had in my life, drank some amazing cocktails, and spent most of my time in a bikini.
A sampling of the food I ate:
- Lobster Sandwich on homemade bread (eaten while overlooking the ocean and a smoking volcano across the way.)
- Homemade pastries with fresh lemon curd
- Grilled steak with Bearnaise sauce; grilled shrimp, mahi mahi and wahoo with fresh tomato salsa.
- Jamaican jerk pork
- Local tomatoes, avocados and cucumbers
- Crab puffs, cheese puffs, breaded veal with a spicy tomato caper sauce, fried fish with an aioli sauce, various other ridiculous hor'dourves.
The wedding was gorgeous. There were thirteen of us (including the bride and groom), and the bride's mother and I had a hard time slowing down the tears after the ceremony. But then there was more champagne, and then hor'dourves, and then more champagne, and then dinner. So we ended up being okay.
Basically, I want to go on vacation again right now. ♦DiggIt! ♦Add to del.icio.us ♦Add to Technorati Faves