Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wednesdays with teh Internet. (It's like Tuesday's With Morrie, only way nerdier)

On most Wednesday's I meet up with the Internet for Happy Hour (I will explain that in a moment), and things are always A-OK if I only go to happy hour. It's when I decide to go somewhere after happy hour that the trouble starts. So last night playing pool after happy hour seemed like a good idea...and so did staying up until 2:30 in the morning. Neither of these things were good ideas. Oops.

So now I am quite happily munching on a bacon and peanut butter sandwich on toasted rye bread, while sipping iced peach Snapple (I just wrote "snapped." Hmmm....), a trick the Tigerlily taught me many moons ago for those days when you're feeling not so fresh.

So, the Internet. When I was sixteen or seventeen I started posting on a messageboard called Makeoutclub.com, because I read about it in Spin Magazine on my flight home from London. Within a few months I was meeting people off the board. We would do things like weekly bubble tea, and dinners, and lots and lots of parties. People would fly all over the country to meet the people they spent all day talking to. Eventually there were weekends away and planned vacations. People moved in together, I ended up dating someone on and off for three years because of the Internet. And now, after all these years, we're just all friends. We've traded one messageboard for another here and there, but we're still posting, hanging out and nerding it up.

So yeah...I'm a geek. ♦DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves