Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A New Bruise

I have spent most of the last week at my mother's house because while I have air conditioning in my apartment, we're at the tail end of yet another heat wave and I don't have to pay for the AC at my mom's because she would have it on if I was there or not. So fuck it, right? Right.

I returned home last night to find old roommate and current roommate playing video games in the living room with our lovely new coffee table and a large amount of baked ziti. Lovely! (And also - free lunch!) It was when I decided to head to my bedroom that things started going downhill. I almost broke my neck because my roommate, for reasons best known to himself, had left my folding chair lying flat on the floor in front of my bedroom door. After navigating around the chair and picking it up, I get into my room and find that the television that used to be in our living room is, again for reasons best known to my roommate, balanced precariously on top of my small dresser. The hell? Since only two of us live in the apartment at the moment and we still haven't figured out what to do with the third room, which is empty, you would think that putting the television in there would make sense, right? Apparently not. So I moved the damn thing myself, dropped it on my left foot, and now have a lovely bruise that I feel with every step I take. Hooray!

When I finally made it into bed I looked up to see the shopping cart (you know, one of these:)

folded up on top of my closet. Where I can't reach it. I have explained to my roommate many times that the shopping cart lives in the living room, near the door, so that we can USE it. And I use the damn thing at least once a week.

I'm just a little aggravated about the whole thing. ♦DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves