Monday, January 21, 2008

And now for something completely different

Shit. I almost forgot. Two fun things happened on the subway home:

1) ran into the guy who pierced my eyebrow when I was fifteen. I really don't know why my brain retains this information, but it does. After he exited the train I remembered that day in ridiculous amounts of detail. I remembered that the two people with me were my friend Will and this super awkward guy who used to hang out by the Cube at Astor Place. I can't remember his name, but I remember that he really wanted to be a cop and would sometimes pretend that he was. And not in a "protect the people!" kind of way. It was more of a LARPer thing. He was really awkward and strange. I also remembered lying in order to get the piercing done. It wasn't that long ago, but things were so much more lax when I was younger and it was very easy to just walk into a place and go, "Yeah, I'm definitely sixteen. Let's do this!" without getting any questions.

2) A guy sat next to me very openly reading this:
The worst part was that he was reading the chapter entitled "An Insider's Guide to 'The Brady Bunch'" which was nothing but plot synopses of Brady Bunch episodes. I read a lot of weird things, but I usually read them in the bathroom so other people don't actually know the weird things I'm reading. He got off in Williamsburg, so maybe he was doing it ironically, but something about it really irked me. ♦DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves