Thursday, March 13, 2008

Buffkaboo

When I was in the 4th grade I wrote a story called "Buffkaboo the Magic One". I do not remember what this story was about, but I remember that I wrote it and that I was pretty damn proud of it at the time. A couple of days ago I got an e-mail from my grandmother:

Dear Sarah,
I was rummaging through some old files, searching for something for
Paddy, when I came across a remarkable piece of literature: a short
story written by you in 4th grade (dated March 23, 1994) titled
"Buffkaboo, The Magic One." It is hilarious, and I think it should be
kept safely in your possession, perhaps waiting for inclusion in your
first volume of Collected Works.

So my grandmother is sending me my fourth grade masterpiece. I completely convinced myself that when I got home today it would be in my mail box. And then it wasn't. And I was sad, because my original plan was to post the story in its entirety in this entry, instead of just being all, "woo, yeah! Fourth grade me RULED!"

Basically, sometime in the next few days I will be posting Buffkaboo and it will be wonderful.

Okay? Okay! ♦DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves